Monday, October 27, 2014

Simple, But Elegant? Not so much!

On our last post I said we'd be making the simple but elegant leaf bowl at our Snacks & Crafts session in October.  Well!  One should never demonstrate something without trying it first.  What a mess it made-I blew up the balloon, covered it with mod-podge, which proceeded to drip all over me, started sticking leaves on it and they slid all over. I couldn't get them to stick down or stick to each other. All I thought was, "I can't ask my seniors to do this!" so at 9:30 Sunday night I dug out my washi tape and some old tin cans and brought them in for the class. 6 of us covered tins with colored and patterned tape.


Cookies and tea were served, and we all had a great time making our pencil cups.

Art is in the eye of the beholder!

Come and join us on November 17th, when we will be making beeswax candles and/or holiday cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want to hear from you!
Please feel free to comment, let us know what you think, what you want to see on this blog. Thank you.